- Currently completing Doctorate of Education and Healthcare Administration at the University of Saint Augustine for Health Sciences.
- Doctoral Studies: Business Management and Marketing, North Central University.
- Master of Science: Criminal Justice, University of Central Florida.
- Bachelor of Arts: Business and Organizational Studies, Eckerd College.
- Associate of Science: Fire Science, College of Central Florida.
- Associate of Science: Emergency Medical Science, Central Florida Community College.
Awards and Recognition:
- Medal of Valor, Ocala Fire Department
- Medal of Valor, Marion County Sheriff's Office
- Medal of Distinction (5), Marion County Sheriff's Office
- Purple Heart, Marion County Sheriff's Office
- Purple Heart, American Police Hall of Fame
- Medal of Commendation (4), Marion County Sheriff's Office
- Unit Commendation-Hurricane Katrina, Marion County Sheriff's Office
- SWAT Unit Commendation
- Angela Santos VFW Officer of the Year
- State of Florida, VFW Officer of the Year
- Brian Litz Award, Marion County Chamber of Commerce
- Red Cross National Life Saving Award, Marion County Fire Rescue
- Paramedic, Florida
- Firefighter II, Florida
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Fire Instructor III
- Law Enforcement Instructor
- Fire Arms Instructor
- Driving Instructor
- Defensive Tactics Instructor
- First Aid/Basic Life Support/CPR Instructor
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor
- Certified Travel Agent
- Class K Firearms Instructor
- Florida Security Guard and Recovery Agent Instructor
Memberships and Service:
- Save Lake Weir - Lifetime Member
- Belleview-South Marion Chamber of Commerce
- Belleview Rotary
- CF Alumni Association - Lifetime Member
- UCF Alumni
- International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators
- Cyber Crime Academic Program Advisory Board, Marion County Schools
- Career Source Board
- College of Central Florida EMS Advisory Board.
- Volunteer Marion Association for Arts and Science
- Business Partner, Chamber & Economic Partnership.
- Ocala Marion County Christmas Parade Committee and Volunteer.
Jeff in the News
In 1997, Jeff made one of the first Online Child Sex Offender arrests in the nation. After receiving a tip that child molesters were luring children from their homes using "online chat rooms," Gold went online to see if this was true and within seconds discovered the dark world that targeted many young children, including those in Marion County. In this case, the offender a Fire Investigator from South Florida, drove to Silver Springs to meet a teenager and take him out of town. Thankfully, that teen was Investigator Jeff Gold and then Assistant State Attorney and now Judge Sarah Ritterhoff Williams, who met and arrested the man who drove from South Florida to take the supposed teen to Orlando. Gold, a former Firefighter and Fire Department Supervisor himself said, "It doesn't matter who you are, if you do wrong you must be accountable for your actions no matter if you are a police officer, firefighter, or what. And in this case, this guy was both." Because this type of case was new, it was only a misdemeanor in the State of Florida, but helped change laws that brought about more serious charges, including Federal charges related to internet use.
Since 1998, Jeff had been instrumental in the safe disarmament of explosive deices all across Marion County as Commander of the MCSO Bomb Squad.